Saturday, June 9, 2012

Most Anticipated Movies of Future and Predicting the Tomatoer Score

Rankings based on release date.


Prometheus


Absolutely stunning are the two words to describe what this movie looks like. Now, if Avatar could live up to expectations, what could a more serious and more spectacular looking film accomplish. I feel like this should be a critical and box office success although I think the R rating might affect the box office totals a little bit. 


Prediction: 89% by critics, 93% by audience


Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted


I usually hate all of these sequels, so I will most certainly not see Madagascar 3 no matter how good it is. I think also, this movie will fall due to recycled jokes and ideas.

Prediction: 61% by critics, 73% by audience






Rock of Ages




This doesn't look all that interesting and it probably won't be successful due to a lack of plot.

Prediction: 39% by critics, 62% by audience


That's My Boy
Adam Sandler hasn't bee in a solid movie in quite a while, what makes you think this one will be different?

Prediction: 43% by critics, 59% by audience


Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
I can't get a read on whether this movie looks like an utter piece of garbage or will gain a cult following and be very good. I won't see it in theaters, that much is for certain but I feel like it will be interesting enough to see when it comes on demand for some reason.

Prediction: 71% by critics, 75% by audience


Brave
I won't see this movie either, but it certainly has an appeal to younger crowds and will sure to be reviewed well critically because it is Pixar, so how could it not be pretty good.

Prediction: 92% by critics, 83% by audience


Ted
I hope this movie is outstanding. Seth McFarlane ideas on the big screen? Hell, yes.

Prediction: 70% by critics, 88% by audience


Magic Mike
This might be good, but it doesn't do enough for me to see it. I think this will bust.

Prediction: 52% by critics, 64% by audience


The Amazing Spider-Man
I still don't get why there is a need to reboot. I love the addition of Emma Stone but looking at the whole premise of this movie, I will go in with low expectations. Critically though, I can't see this being a total bust.

Prediction: 78% by critics, 81% by audience


Savages
I could see this movie being either epic or just a total fail, but either way, it is intriguing.

Prediction: 83% by critics, 72% by audience


Ice Age: Continental Drift
A fourth Ice Age? Really?

Prediction: 47% by critics, 70% by audience


The Dark Knight Rises
The movie of the summer is this one and expect greatness.

Prediction: 86% by critics, 88% by audience


The Watch
Very similar to Tower Heist in all likelihood, it just probably won't get it done.

Prediction: 55% by critics, 62% by audience


The Bourne Legacy
Very intriguing and very interesting to see whether it will live up to the other Bourne movies.

Prediction: 75% by critics, 81% by audience


Total Recall
The return of Colin Farrell and he is joined by other solid supporting characters. This should be worth the money.

Prediction: 73% by critics, 84% by audience


The Campaign
The great duo of Galifinakis and Farrell should be a solid movie of laughs that hopefully will be similar to The Other Guys.

Prediction: 71% by critics, 79% by audience


The Expendables 2
I didn't see the first Expendables, but I doubt it will get positive critical reviews. It does look intriguing however.

Prediction: 38% by critics, 54% by audience


Lawless
This movie has already been seen by a few people out there and it's initial reviews have been pretty good. I really like the looks of this film and the actors that are in it, particularly Tom Hardy.

Prediction: 72% by critics, 64% by audience


GI Joe 2: Retaliation
Oh, sick action movie, must be good then. No, not quite.

Prediction: 36% by critics, 64% by audience


End of Watch
After a few mediocre cop movies over the past couple of years, this one sure looks good and intriguing and I think will be acclaimed critically.

Prediction: 84% by critics, 79% by audience


Killing Them Softly
No trailer yet, I assume because they are reediting the film. But just look at the cast, it looks outstanding. This film is high on my radar screen.

Prediction: 91% by critics, 81% by audience


Taken 2
The first one was actually decent, why make a sequel?

Prediction: 26% by critics, 49% by audience


Gangster Squad
The looks of this are nice, but I wonder if people know that this movie is simply a subplot of L.A. Confidential. Nevertheless, looks very good and should be very good.

Prediction: 70% by critics, 77% by audience


Skyfall
Honestly, I'm a little bit skeptical of the trailer. The last line from Bond, "I'm going to kill them first" is the reason for my skepticism. Bond isn't exactly a killing machine, so I don't like how they are going against his mantra. That being said, it should get better reviews than Quantum of Solace.

Prediction: 78% by critics, 81% by audience


The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
I'm not a Lord of the Rings guy at all, so this movie doesn't really do it for me.

Prediction: 87% by critics, 82% by audience


Les Miserables
Another movie that just doesn't do it for me. I think this should bust too, it looks pretty boring.

Prediction: 54% by critics, 47% by audience


The Great Gatsby
I don't know whether or not I should read the book, but I know one thing.  I will be seeing this movie.

Prediction: 93% by critics, 88% by audience


Django Unchained
I'm not a huge Tarentino fan. But there is no doubt I will see this movie and I will predict that I won't love it due to the insane amounts of violence. It will be very good critically however.
Prediction: 92% by critics, 87% by audience


2013 Movies 
A Good Day to Die Hard
Iron Man 3
Star Trek Sequel
Fast and the Furious 6
The Hangover Part III
Man of Steel
The Wolverine
The Lone Ranger
300 Sequel
Thor 2
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


2014 Movies
Captain American Sequel
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Transformers 4
The Dark Knight Rises
X-Men First Class Sequel


     And now, my definitive list of the most anticipated movies of the future.

10 The Bourne Legacy
Killing Them Softly
End of Watch
Gangster Squad
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Great Gatsby
Django Unchained
Skyfall
Prometheus
The Dark Knight Rises

No comments:

Post a Comment