Monday, June 4, 2012

It is Monday, and Prometheus is Only 4 Days Away

Michael Fassbender
     Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, we are only a few days away. The first trailer of Prometheus blew me away and I was immediately intrigued by this dark, mysterious and spectacular looking motion picture. As the hyped continue to build, I realized that this wouldn't just be a regular movie, it would be an event. I was very anxious to see the initial reviews of Prometheus and I was a tad disappointed at first. Some consensus was that yes, it was visually spectacular, but it was a let down on many different levels including the plot. But after reading some more reviews, a lot of the reviews reviewed it by comparing it to Alien. Now, I haven't even seen Alien (I know, I know, it's something I need to do and do soon) so what difference does it make to me whether it wasn't as good as Alien? After seeing the more negative reviews and how they almost always compared it to Alien, I felt better and my anticipation went back to usual. So now I sit ready and prepared for one of the best summers of movies to get started (no, I don't count The Avengers, it wasn't even that good and I knew it wasn't going to be that good) on friday night with Prometheus.

No comments:

Post a Comment